Electrical Power Supplier CDM Contractor
Electrical Power Supplier
Inspec Solutions was appointed as the Principal CDM Contractor in a prestigious contract for the turnkey delivery of a Waste Water Recovery Plant at an Electrical Power Generation Operation.
As Principal Contractor, Inspec Solutions was responsible for the establishment of the Construction Site, including all site personnel facilities; Site Safety Inductions; Site Security; Health & Safety of all workers on site; management and coordination of all sub-contractor activities including Fabrication, Electrical & Mechanical Installation and Commissioning
The Water Treatment Plant comprised of:
- 100m3 resin glass fibre laminate Water Storage Tank,
- Two Lowara End Suction Pumps powered by Brook Crompton Motors
- A Form 4a Motor Control Centre utilising Rockwell Automation Powerflex Variable Speed Drives for the Pump,
- Rockwell Automation Remote I/O, and integration with the existing plant-wide SCADA System network for remote control,
- All the Process Valves, Pipework, and Pressure, Level and Flow Instruments, including controllable valves to moderate flows
The Pumps, controls, drives, network connections and associated equipment were supplied ready-installed in a GRP Kiosk with electrical power distribution board, internal heating, lighting, and power outlets.
Inspec Solutions successfully designed, manufactured and delivered the new plant to site according to a carefully-planned schedule, which encompassed all installation, NDT, Hydrostatic Testing, Pressure Testing, System Test and Commissioning activities to ensure minimum disruption to existing operations at the power plant before handing over to the Client.
The specification of latest control and drive technology ensures that the new plant will enjoy long-term protection from future obsolescence. The successful delivery and implementation of the Waste Water Recovery System by Inspec Solutions allows the Client to recover and recycle waste water from their process which would previously have been discharged to drain. The Client’s fresh water supply demand and the volume of process water being returned to drain are significantly reduced, yielding both cost savings and environmental footprint improvements.